Saturday, May 5, 2012

Sad Pen News

How quick was that? The Goulet Pen Company couldn't have been faster. The package arrived yesterday on my doorstep at noon when I was home for lunch. I took the Noodler's Flex Pen and a bottle of ink back to work with me to play with when I had time. I ordered a pretty bright pink pen and no disappointment there. It is as lovely as I could wish. I now have two pink pens... although the Noodlers isn't usable right now.

This is is first for me. I broke it. Yes, I did. I read a bit of the instructions, loaded the pen with Diamine Florida Blue and began writing. It was scratchy. This is my very first flex pen and I should have done some research about it. Instead I messed with the nib trying to get it to not be so scratchy, then I messed with it more to get the ink to come out right. In the end, the pen wouldn't write at all. My fault, all of it, because I took my frustration out on the pen rather than step back and do some reading. I'll try to get a replacement nib and this time do the research before I wreck the nib.


No comments: