Monday, April 30, 2012

The Goulet Pen Company and Anticipation

One of the things I love most about my obsession with pen, paper and ink revolves around ordering. There are no local stores that carry the things I want so I must (!) pour over internet pages from online companies. What a joy that is! My first discovery years ago was Pendemonium but they turned more to the collectors side of things, next came Pen City in Georgia (their site is down right now) and then Jet Pens, a choice that was reinforced by The Pen Addict, Brad Dowdy. That site is where I discovered the delights of pencil cases and bags. Now each day I not only have to decide which pens to take, I must agonize over which bag or pencil case is needed.

There's a new company I stumbled across and want to try, the Goulet Pen Company. I've been shifting things in and out of the basket for several days, getting closer to the time when I hit the buy button. Such hard decisions although in two cases not. I want to try a Noodlers flex nib pen with - wait for it - piston fill! Yes, a cheap fountain pen that doesn't require a converter. Yay. Another thing I want to try is Clairefontaine's French lined paper. I think that might be just the thing for italic handwriting practice. For the rest, I am still undecided. Delicious anticipation, oh how I love thee.

No comments: